How to decorate with Pirate Ship Bedding Theme
Ahoy! Ahoy! With movies like Pirates of the Caribbean and shows like SpongeBob Square pants gaining popularity with the younger generation, it will not be a surprise that your young boy is hooked with the trend. And it’s no brainer that kids would want to decorate their bedroom with Pirate Ship Bed theme which includes pirate bedding, pirate toddler bed for small one and most famous Jake and the Neverland pirates bedding. Celebrate your kid’s imaginative thinking and create an island hideaway for your favorite pirate, right in his own room. Here’s how:
Kids’ pirate bedding is a favorite theme of mine. Imagine having a birthday party feel to your room for the entire year! And because it is also a party theme the options are endless.
- Start with the colors. You would want to achieve that breezy ambience of the ocean. Paint the walls with shades of blue to create a sky and sea. Shape out some clouds and seagulls on the upper half. Paint a darker blur for the lower half to represent the ocean. Draw some seaweeds and sea anemones, plus little fishes to complete the look. Include a sunken treasure chest, with some scattering coins on the ocean bed. You can also add some phrase such as “Welcome to my private cabin” for those finishing touches.
- Also If you will chose wooden pirate ship bed to decorate the room you will get the natural wood color which goes with the color of pirate boats.
- Starting out with a comforter is easy as so many manufacturers use this type of pattern. The bed pictured here is very popular and full of whimsy. This is definitely one instance that I would skip a solid color background and go for full fun and fancy. This particular pattern has many coordinating accessories like rugs, lamps, and wall art.
Using Antique Furniture
- Score some old wooden furniture from the antique shop. These look appeal to the pirate theme. You want to create an old ship where your pirate king can play around or sleep. Try a cabin bed. Set sail for a journey at bedtime with an exciting pirate cabin bed, burrowing holes on the side to signify peep holes of the ship. Affix in a ship’s wheel and a little telescope. Charm your kid with his own brand of pirate flag too.
- Dressing up a swashbuckling room is only limited by the imagination. A storage trunk easily becomes a treasure chest toy box. Mesh toy holders can be hung in the corners of the room for displaying stuffed animals. There are so many pirate themed toys that can double as display items ranging from Playmobil figurines, to Lego ship building sets. The Jolly Roger can be hung just about anywhere to cover up a bare wall. And you can enlist the entire family’s help to create a treasure map to display as well.
- Select nautical or ocean themed linens and beddings. Navy blue rugs with red accents complement with the room also. Be consistent with the curtains. Try brown colored ones, with shreds and jagged edges to look like it come out of a pirate ship. Curtains can also look like a map, with an X mark, for that hidden treasure.
- Display accessories that go with the kids bedroom decor. Have some fishing nets to cover the toys, and make the toy storage look like bunks of a pirate ship. You can also put a treasure box filled with old coins and fake jewellery to accentuate the whole room. Put pirate lamps and picture frame with the photo of the pirate king. Surely, it will be a blissful sleep for your beloved islander with one of the best kids bedroom themes available today.
- A great idea for boys and girls coordinating kids bedding (in the case of twins or brothers and sisters that need to share a room) is to decorate the boys’ side in a pirates theme featuring Disney’s Captain Hook and Peter Pan and the girls’ side with a Tinkerbell bed set.
Pirate Bedding Patterns
Pirate bedding is so versatile that patterns can be found for toddlers and baby. I have also heard that the Disney Caribbean Beach resort in Orlando has redone all the rooms with a disney pirate ship beds – and that is proof that children will love this theme!
Although this is a design that appeals to younger children you are not out of luck if you are redoing a room for an older child. One of my sons’ all time favorites is Captain Jack Sparrow – and he would be thrilled with Pirates of the Caribbean bedding sets. Movie posters make great wall hangings – in fact my son has one hanging in his room right now.
Pirates of the Caribbean Bedding
I don’t think anyone truly outgrows the magic and swashbuckling fun of a pirate bedding theme. That is why movies featuring these renegade characters are so popular. One such film by Disney has taken off amongst kids young and old. Starring Captain Jack Sparrow this movie makes an excellent backdrop for a kids room.
Toddlers, preschoolers, and even children in elementary school will enjoy themes featuring cute unnamed buccaneers like the set from Olive Kids. But there comes an age when something more exciting and cool is required.
Click HERE to know more about this beautiful (My Favorite) Pirate Bedding set which comes with 2pc cotton patchwork Quilt and Bedspread sheets.
There are several Pirates of the Caribbean bedding sets to choose from – as there are many versions of the movie. The Kraken theme is the most recent and will have the most options available. Personally, I like to mix things up so that a find from any of the themes will work.
Decorating around a pirate theme is easy given the volume of props that are available. I like to dress kids rooms up with toys because they are decorative as well as functional. However, as kids get older their interest in toys tends to diminish. But one thing that my twins still love to play with are building sets – and thankfully there are tons of pirate ship Legosand more out there such as the one pictured here.
Accessories can also help to set the mood. The key with Pirates of the Caribbean bedding theme is to avoid things that may be considered “juvenile”. As parents we know that these older kids are still young at heart but are trying so hard to show that they are so grown up.
When it comes to a pirate theme – an inexpensive and easy opportunity to decorate comes around every October. Halloween is rife with plastic treasure and jolly rogers. At any time of year – a travel trunk makes a great storage chest that fits right in with the theme.
If you use these tips to design your child’s bedroom, you can make a really cool and very affordable room for your child. This type of look will be popular with your child well into his teen years. Finally, I just had to put in this cute plaque that I found. My kids would love to have this hanging on their door. Maybe we have a room redo in the works. 😉 Good luck and be sure he doesn’t make you walk the plank!
I would love to hear some of your ideas for decorating a teen’s room in this pattern.
Below we have listed some pirate ship bed themed items which will help you decorate your little ones bedroom.
Pirate Bedding Sets and Accessories to Buy
Captain’s Armada Pirate Ship Bed
This is little expensive but if you can afford it will bring the complete pirate themed look to your kids bedroom. This is premium quality bedding with high detailed finish, pirate insignia, real pirate ship look, additional pull-out bed, storage and many visual delights. It comes with 5 Year warranty. Click here for more details.
This 3 Piece Bedding Set comes with one Full/Queen Comforter and two Standard Shams. This Pirate bedding set features appliqués from the sea, including pirates, ships, treasure chests, swords, and helms. This is made of 100% cotton and machine washable. Click here to know more about this pirate bedding set.
Pirate Toddler bed
This is beautiful pirate toddler bed with complete look of a pirate ship which comes with ship’s wheel, night lights. Headboard has small holes to keep your things such as alarm clock and books. It has Built in toy box with removable lid for toy storage. Click here to know more.
Jake and the Neverland pirates bedding
This super soft bedding set featuring Jake and the Neverland Pirates. This bedding set includes one Twin-Single bed size comforter, flat sheet, fitted sheet, and one standard pillowcase. The comforter is super soft microfiber, and the sheets are cotton rich. Click here to know more.
Jake and the Neverland pirates toddler bed
This four piece Jake and the Neverland pirate toddler bed set is made of soft cotton/poly blend and includes comforter, top sheet, fitted sheet, and pillowcase. You can fine more details here.
Pirate crib bedding
This imported cotton Bedtime Originals 3 Piece Treasure Island Crib Bedding Set includes quilt, sheet and dust ruffle. You can consider this set while decorating your kid’s bedroom with pirate theme. Know more about this bedding set here.